Program Your Thermostat for Maximum Comfort and Saving
The holidays are over, and a new year has begun. If your home is still operating on a manual thermostat, you’re behind the times. But don’t worry; it’s never too late to make a new resolution to practice greater energy efficiency at home. While there are plenty of ways to conserve energy, like washing your clothes in cold water and remembering to turn off the lights when you aren’t using them, the number-one way to do so is to optimize your HVAC system. Here’s how programmable thermostats help homeowners do exactly that.
Take Advantage of the Benefits a Programmable Thermostat Offers
The number of homes with a central air conditioner in the United States has more than doubled since the 1980s. When you consider your HVAC system uses the most energy of all the appliances in your home, especially in a hot and humid climate like Sylacauga, Alabama, it’s important that you take every step you can to maximize its efficiency to not only save money but also lessen your carbon footprint.
With that said, here’s how programmable thermostats benefit homeowners and help them accomplish both.
- Increase your HVAC system’s efficiency and decrease it’s overall workload.
- Lower your monthly utility bills by conserving energy and not wasting it.
- Extend your HVAC system’s lifespan by up to five years.
- Customize the heating and cooling settings for every room in your home.
Use These Simple Strategies to Maximize Your Home’s Energy Efficiency
Using these simple strategies, you can save up to 10 percent on your heating and cooling bills.
- Program your thermostat to lower 7° to 10°F for eight hours per day from its normal setting when you’re out of the house.
- Winter: program the thermostat to 68°F when you’re awake and to lower the temperature while you’re asleep or away.
- Summer: program the thermostat to raise the temperature when you’re away and lower it to 78°F when you’re at home.
The great thing about a thermostat that’s programmable is that once you program it to work around your schedule, you don’t need to configure it again. Whether you’re leaving to go shopping or returning from work, the thermostat will heat and cool your home according to your specified preferences. Also, if you want to change the settings while you’re away from your home, you can also do that with a thermostat that’s Wifi programmable using the associated app.
If you’re interested in investing in a thermostat that’s programmable, check out our $50 coupon on our specials page or contact us at (256) 245-2870. We look forward to helping you optimize your home’s energy efficiency.